To Create a Record complete the following:
Navigate to Summary, in the Front End.
Select Records in the menu on the far left side.
Select the Identity Documents Tile (i.e., if you are trying to create a Health Card). Choose the Record Type: Health Card.Type in the Record Name: (i.e. Name Health Card).
Records are considered as a manilla folder within a green hanging folder of a physical filing cabinet which makes it easy-to manage all sorts of information and access.
The components of a Record include both mandatory and optional fields.
Record Type is a mandatory field which allows you to provide a category or a label to the file i.e., a Passport or a TFSA.
SideDrawer provides Record Type suggestions or Users can enter their own
A Record Name is a Specific File Name that allows the User to understand the details within the Record (i.e., Luke’s renewed Passport or Luke’s 2023 TFSA statement).
Records are easy to create and make it easy-to manage all sorts of information and access. The components of a Record Include mandatory and optional fields.
Mandatory Fields: Fields that must be completed to create a Record
1. Record Type: A high-level categorical fields of what the Record pertains to (ex. Passport or TFSA). SideDrawer provides Record Type suggestions (but Users can enter their own Record Types)
2. Record Name: A specific name that allows the User to understand the details of what is contained within the Record (ex. Luke’s Will or Luke 2021 Tax Filings)
The Record Type is Driver’s License
The Record Name is (Patel’s) Driver’s License 2020 (issue date)
Optional Fields: Useful fields of a Record that provide Information or Organizational Structure
1. “Where you store this file”: a line that could be used to describe a physical location (ex. Law firm where physical copies are stored or location of a locker box where physical assets are kept)
2. Description: an expandable field that can be used to for text to describe any relevant content for Users accessing the Record (ex. Notes about the Record)
3. File History: All Files stored in the record that can be accessed
4. Upload File: location to upload files (either by clicking “upload file” or “dragging and dropping” into the SideDrawer screen)
5. Sync Files from Cloud Storage (only visible for Admin Console Users not by end clients):
a. SideDrawer gives you the ability to sync Google Drive, Sharepoint, OneDrive Dropbox to a Record to make Files quickly available
b. It is a one-way sync
“Read Only” - Users cannot edit your integrated documents in SideDrawer.
Users cannot upload documents into SideDrawer to then populate your Cloud Storage. From a security perspective, SideDrawer is looking to maintain the integrity of your Cloud Storage Product
6. Custom Information: You can add additional Information to a record. There are many types of Information types that can be leveraged (ex. Date or Address etc.)
7. Related and Linked Records: This is a field that allows Users to link Records together (ex. A User may link all their Asset Records to their Will Record to make it easy for loved ones to find all assets in their SideDrawer)
8. Collaborators and Permissions: This is a field that allows a User to extend access to others to so they can see the Record. (see here for more info on Collaboration)
9. Additional Information: If a User selects a SideDrawer recommended Record Type, SideDrawer provides potential additional information that may be helpful to add to a Record.